You must bring your receipt for the bond and valid government-issued ID. You must go to Customer Service.
The only person authorized to receive a refund is the person listed on the bond receipt. Otherwise, an order of assignment must be filled out.
You can locate a list of bondsmen in the Yellow Pages under Bail Bonds.
Bonding company fees and requirements can vary. Most bonding companies accept ten percent of the total bond as their fee. This fee is...
If the defendant fails to appear for his court appearance, a bench warrant may be issued for his or her arrest. The person or bonding company who...
If the defendant is posting a bond for a Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court case, he or she will have to appear at the Metropolitan Court. If the...
The bonding clerk can answer this question.
What happens if the defendant has an immigration hold and charges pending in the Metropolitan Court?
The defendant will be seen during custody arraignments for any pending charges in Metropolitan Court. After the defendant completes all obligations...
The defendant has a medical condition. Will medical treatment be available at Metropolitan Detention Center?
All defendants are screened by medical staff before being accepted into Metropolitan Detention Center.
Defendants are usually transported within ten days after local charges are resolved or bonds are posted.
- The Honorable Sandra Engel to retire after 16 years on the Metropolitan Court bench
- Judge Claire A. McDaniel Joins Metropolitan Court Bench
- Chief Judge Maria I. Dominguez to present on success of local Homeless Court at national summit
- Retired Judge Henry A. Alaniz receives Seth D. Montgomery Distinguished Judicial Service Award
- Judge Asra I. Elliott sworn in as Metropolitan Court Judge