This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)

Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court

Tribunal Metropolitano del Condado de Bernalillo

English Español ADA non-descrimination policy ADA política de no discriminación

Most Popular Pages

Páginas más visitadas

I didn't know there was a judgment against me. What do I do now?

You may want to consider contacting the party who sued you. You can also look up the case file in the Court's Record Viewing Room on the first floor to learn more details about the case. You may be able to make a motion to set aside the judgment if you act quickly after the judgment is entered, usually within about 30 days. It is up to the judge to determine if that is appropriate. You may also be able to appeal the judgment. However, appeals are very complicated legal proceedings and are typically subject to very short deadlines. Therefore, you may want to contact an attorney immediately if you are considering appealing a judgment against you.

back to list