This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)

Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court

Tribunal Metropolitano del Condado de Bernalillo

English Español ADA non-descrimination policy ADA política de no discriminación

Most Popular Pages

Páginas más visitadas

What if the other party doesn't abide by the agreement?

Most times, people follow through on their mediated agreements. If the mediated agreement is not followed, call the Mediation Division. The Mediation Division will follow up and try to salvage the agreement. If that doesn’t work, a party may, within five (5) years of the Dismissal, file a Motion for Judgment and Statement of Non-Compliance, together with a copy of the Mediated Agreement with the Court. The Court will reopen the case. The other party (who has not followed the Agreement) will have fifteen (15) days (after service of the Motion) to respond and request a hearing be set before the assigned Judge. If the party does not respond or request a hearing, the Court may enter a Judgment against the party who did not follow the Agreement without holding a hearing.

back to list